Hit Counter

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Public Service Announcement from Chris "Sunshine" George

If I learned anything today, it's SCOUT YOUR BIKE ROUTE.

I got home from work, finally recovered from the half marathon, all hot shit to get back on the bike. I think quickly and say to myself.. "I'm kind of bored with the old route to Mactier, I'm gonna mix it up and take 141 to Sword's Road, to 518 to Rankin Lake Rd, and back to my house!"

Apparently there is some construction underway on the 518.

There were times I thought I might get hit by the front end loader. There were times I almost ate shit on the loose gravel and "MUD", which apparantly road tires don't do well in. Although the sign turners all smiled and waved as I went by.. I'm sure they were thinking "What the hell is this Asshat doing?"

It also didn't help that the goddam wind was 300 km/h right in my face the whole bloody time.

2 hours, and 50km later I'm home. I'm eating a WHOLE pizza, and drinking 2 beer.

1 comment:

NACHO_WANNABE said...

Hey,

Now that you have scouted the route you can give us some pointers for commuting to work once Rankin Lake Road is closed.