Hit Counter

Monday, May 12, 2008

ONSTAR DAVID

How the hell do you post to this Blog anyway?!! I am forced into obscurity by leaving a comment (that no one important may read) to "peter j" 's post.

Postscript: Obviously someone important did read my comment because Chris let me into the Blog posting world. I think this warrants a Post as opposed to a lowly Comment. Thanx Chris.


I was out biking with my wife (Linda) Sunday afternoon and she got the first of two flats close to Parry Sound. In order to impress my better half, I foolishly started to repair the flat. Moments later David rode up on his mountain bike (he was hard to recognize covered in mud) along with his trusted assistant Peter I. I did not realize that when Linda got her bike recently from David she purchased the optional ONSTAR David feature. Apparently when you get a flat on your bike you press a small button on your bike and David will magically show up and change your flat - quickly and efficiently.


Later the same day…….


3/4 of the way up Shoebottom Hill on 518 Linda got another flat - @#$%&^*!! Anyway, I did manage to impress her this time by successfully repairing the flat. The ONSTAR David feature seemed to be malfunctioning. We headed for home since I was out of spare tubes. As we turned onto old 69 and started to head south for home, there running up the road, was ONSTAR David. He was not malfunctioning after all, he was just delayed because he was on foot! [For more efficient service in the future I think staying on his bike or utilizing his vehicle would be good.]


I do believe he should advertise this feature more prominently when selling bikes - it could be worth a fortune!



Nacho_Wannabe


P.S. I did 14 km from Victory School this morning (Monday) and no one showed to keep me company (so sad :{ ).

2 comments:

Nacho Average Race Team said...

Triathlon is after all a solo sport, so it's important to do some of that training on your own, plus I was tired I'll be there on Monday.

Stacey said...

Fantastic, I hope my next bike will come with the Onstar David Option.

is there a speedo option??? : )

Stace