Hit Counter

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Planning and Tracking your training

Who has a structured training plan? Do you plan your entire season, a few
weeks at a time or just wing it?

I am curious how structured everyone is with their training plans if they
use one. Do you allocate time to training and then just do a workout or
are your workouts specific to duration & intensity?

How about tracking your workouts? Do you have a training log so you can go
back and see what you have been doing week over week, month over month,
year over year?

Personally I do not have a training plan, I just do whatever I feel like or
think I should be working on (i.e. not swimming). Generally my workouts
have been medium intensity maybe because it is a 'natural' pace to fall
into when you dont have a specific plan.

I do however keep a log so I can compare my volume vs. previous periods.

How do you all plan & track your training?

3 comments:

Chris George said...

I do whatever ends with Nachos, Coffee and/or Beer.

Joe Pearson said...

I've got a schedule that I follow. I started about 3 weeks ago following it and I've found it is making a difference. Mainly cause I now get up more days a week then I used to to train, but that is because I set the goal as to what I want to accomplish at the end of my scheduled training. I know that 3-4 weeks ago I would not have tried to run a 24km run. But because of the layout that I'm following that was designed by someone who does this for a living I'll be running 24km tomorrow morning.

Joe Pearson said...

This is the schedule that I follow

http://nachoaveragett.blogspot.com/2008/07/running-schedule.html> schedule