Hit Counter

Sunday, July 13, 2008

NACHO AT LARGE PART 2

Well is was a cloudy hot morning here in Oakville. Tiffany and I met a group for was was to be a 40 K ride. She went with group II who ended up doing 50K and around 26km Average. Despite warnings that I should not go with he fast group (where there no friends). I decided to go anyway. We ended up doing about 75km. One member of our group from a Racer Sportif had an Aquila just like Dave's old bike and it made the same annoying clicking sounds. For a second I though Saunaking was on my tail. Anyway, it was a ride full of sprints, hill climb races, and attacks. With about 15 Km left a fast pace breakaway blew the peloton apart. I went with the lead group and held on until the end. Yes Dave, I did my turns at the front. The Nacho name will be well regarded among Oakville riders henceforth. I also extend an invitation for any riders to join us for our rides if they are up in our area.
Stay tuned for the next next adventure -Oakville 25k run. I'll try to scope out good bakeries and Nacho emporiums while I'm out.

NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tim

2 comments:

saunaking said...

oh oh oh
For killer nachos and a good selection of draft beer its my local pub, The Niblick
Located at Upper Oakville Mall at 8th Line and Upper Middle Road
(near Trafalgar Rd & QEW)

I will be riding this evening & Thursday evening in that area, let me know if you are up for a ride.

Nacho Average Race Team said...

Sorry I missed you. I didn't get this unitl Today. I'm heading home tomorrow. Next time I'm down we'll hook up for a ride.