Hit Counter

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MY FIRST TRI - BALA 2008

Well I have my first triathlon out of the way and there were no Coast Guard incidents to report.

I had an OK swim except for the fact that I swam farther than I needed. I didn't want to get kicked or run over on my first triathlon swim so I swam quite wide around the buoys. My strategy didn't work though because two people swam over top of me close to the finish line (next time I will be right beside the markers).

The bike course is nice, rolling hills and goes out and back. The run course is OK too with a few short steep sections to keep everyone honest.

Thank you to Linda (my spouse) who came out to provide Nacho support to myself and the rest of the Nacho Team members (David, Saila, Charlene, Lynsey, Peter, Christopher, Dave, and Meaghan). The Nacho shirts and the Nacho call definitely stand out on the race course.

Marty

P.S. David better watch out because next time I will be gunning for first place. Nachooooooooo!

1 comment:

Chris George said...

Congrats Marty. You are no longer a virgin.