Hit Counter

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holiday Training Challenge



Not the most ideal conditions yet for cycling but I think tomorrow should prove ok for an outdoor ride. I am proposing a Training Challenge between now & Thanksgiving based on cycling & running on Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Simcoe Day, Labour Day & Thanksgiving.

1st prize is a warm & fuzzy feeling inside (this may or may not be due to the copious amounts of nachos you have ingested)

Lots of opportunities for group workouts on these holidays...

I plan on riding tomorrow starting mid or late morning as I dont want to face the cold at the break of dawn. If anyone wants to join let me know. I plan on riding down to the end of the old 69 & back.

Training Challenge points as follows:
1 point for every 10km cycling
1 point for every 1km running

You can only accumulate points on the stat. holidays listed above. Post your workouts as comments on this post and I will keep track and update each holiday. I think this will be a fun motivator for everyone to get out there and do something.

Maybe tomorrow we can have a group ride from the shop?

Cheers,
Tom

1 comment:

saunaking said...

74k biking 5.9k running
13.3 pts